Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hobby

I realized that being in school and trying to move my way up in the workplace has significantly reduced my interest in hobbies. This is very bothersome for me because I always like to keep busy with interesting things like: playing guitar, sewing dresses, writing in a journal, making scrapbooks, producing a political propaganda magazine, producing a local fashion and arts magazine online and searching thrift stores for fun finds to keep myself entertained. What happened?

I'm pondering this right now sitting in the coffee shop by Arizona State called Cupz. There are currently two flies that keep attacking my soy latte and eyeballs and I'm trying to do homework. I don't want to do homework. I don't need to know how to understand these math problems, but I need to in order to graduate college in two months. Two months. It's just so weird that four and half years went by so quickly.

I need to get back in the groove before I've fallen so far deep into a job and television. This inspiration just came to me in reading a fashion blog and I came across this website: http://www.recreate.za.net/products  I can do that! It's so easy! And how fun would it be to find old suitcases and turn them into furniture for the home.

If 2010 has taught me anything, it's that life is the most amazing and precious thing; it's all I've got. So, I've had my partying fun, my studying, my making money extravaganza; now it's time to look into 2011 with a slightly different mindset. Still have partying fun, sans studying, make money, and then kick ass as a creative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment